Junior Internship Program
Career Exposure Experience
(Junior Internship Program)
We would like to extend our deepest appreciation to former and future Business Partner Mentors. The time and effort you extend to our students makes such a tremendous difference in their lives. Thank you so much.
The intention of the Upper Columbia Academy “Career Exposure Experience” is to encourage students to dream of a promising future by providing them experiences in the real-world environment of their possible career choices. These experiences help students clarify their decisions as they look ahead to college and other training programs.
The 2020 job shadow dates are:
- February 17-21, 2020 immediately following February home-leave. Students and Mentors finish February 21 with an exit interview.
- Students should work a regular work day (this can vary by type of internship work, but should be a minimum of 4 full work days, 30-32 hours.)
Insurance – Interns are covered by UCA liability insurance while on-site or participating in any activity related to their job shadow.
- All Upper Columbia Academy juniors are required to complete a job shadow (internship) with an organization/business of their own choosing at their home base or elsewhere with parental permission. The internship consists of an orientation followed by a 4 day, full-time immersion at the work site, concluding with the intern’s report and presentation of learning. Students receive credit for successfully completing their internship and related course work.
- Each student is paired with a workplace mentor who understands and supports the goals of the program.
- All interns develop a report or presentation based on their internship experiences and the exit interview conducted by their Mentor.