Anatomy and Physiology
- Class Maximum: 20 students
- Course Description: Study of human (organ-system) anatomy and physiology with reference to cellular, genetic, and developmental relationships. First semester includes a study of histology, the integumentary, skeletal, and muscular systems. Second semester focuses on nervous, endocrine, and circulatory systems. This course emphasizes the complexity and simplicity evident in cells and systems that the Creator has designed in the human body. A passing grade of ‘C’ or above and daily attendance are required to receive dual credit through WWU. An additional fee will be charged on behalf of the university issuing the credit.
Prerequisites and Requirements:
- Senior class standing
- 3.75 cumulative GPA or above
- One 200-word essay concerning why the student feels they should qualify for the class
- Personal interview with instructor (in-person or online)
- Completed application
- Highly recommended: the completion of chemistry junior year
- For students new to UCA only: A letter of recommendation from a teacher describing the student’s work ethic.