This Week at UCA – 2/6/18
- February 6, 2018
- Posted by: Krista Dalrymple
- Category: This Week @ UCA
Dear UCA Family,
Every Monday at 8:00 a.m. some parents and staff members meet in the Ad Building to lift up our school, students, staff, and their special requests in prayer. We hope you will pause for a few moments wherever you are to join us. Our next prayer time will be Monday, February 12, and we will be praying for UCA Alumni, Sarah Holloway, and Butch and Alice Huggard.
|Tuesday, Feb 6||JV Girls vs OAKS||5:00 PM|
|Varsity Girls vs OAKS||6:00 PM|
|Monday, Feb 19||JV Boys vs ICA @ The HUB (19619 E Cataldo Ave, Liberty Lake)||5:30 PM|
|Varsity Boys vs ICA @ The HUB||6:45 PM|
WWU CHORAL CLINIC
Students going Choral Clinic at Walla Walla University leaves tomorrow at 1:15 p.m., and returns Saturday night, at around 9 p.m.
ACRO SOUL will be on tour this Thursday to Saturday night, February 8-10, to Brewster, Moses Lake, and the Tri-Cities. They will leave at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, and return at midnight on Saturday night. The schedule is attached.
SENIOR RECOGNITION WEEKEND
The Administration and Senior Class of 2018 invite you to Senior Recognition Weekend, February 16-17. The program will be as follows:
- Consecration, Friday, 7:30 p.m. in the gym.
- Sabbath School, Sabbath, 10:00 a.m. in the gym.
- Church, Sabbath, 11:00 a.m. in the gym.
- Sundown Meditation, Sabbath, 5:00 p.m. in the Church.
- WWU Financial Aid Workshop, Saturday, 5:45 p.m., in the Ad Building, Room #215.
- Senior Talent Program and Silent Auction, Saturday, 7:30 p.m. in the gym.
SENIOR REC TALENT PROGRAM – TABLES/SILENT AUCTION
- Senior Rec Talent Program tables seat 6 people and cost $75, (you may add two more seats to your table for an extra $10 each). Snacks, drinks, and dessert are included in the cost of the table. For reservations please email Nancy.Starr@ucaa.org, or call 509-245-3600.
- We are requesting donated items for the Silent Auction, including gift baskets, baked goods, and gift certificates for services. If you have items you wish to donate please email Nancy.Starr@ucaa.org as soon as possible. Thank you so much for your support!
For those of you who will not be able to attend, we will be live streaming Consecration, Sabbath School, Church, and the Senior Talent Program. To view the weekend programming, please go to www.ucaa.org/live. A link to the written program will be on the live stream site. ENJOY!
ACT FOR ALL JUNIORS AND SENIORS
ACT tests will be Tuesday, February 27, for all juniors and seniors. They will test in the morning and have work obligations only in the afternoon. Freshman and sophomores will work in the morning and have four classes in the afternoon. Students, please check with work supervisors soon to arrange for the time that will allow you to meet class and testing obligations. Music teachers will work with students to arrange for private lessons around tests and work. More information will be coming closer to the date. Contact us if you have questions.
COLLEGE PREP TIP from Walla Walla University
Wondering how to pay for college? Not sure where to start? Walla Walla University’s online guide to paying for college makes it easier than ever to get answers and find resources. You’ll find insider tips on how to keep college costs and loans down, learn why applying early for need-based grants can get you more money, and shows you why attending a community college your first year may actually end up costing you more.
THIS WEEK AT UCA and the Menu are attached and on our website, www.ucaa.org.
Menu Jan 7-13
ACRO SOUL Tour Schedule
|Rec Ski||Sun, Feb 11|
|Midterm||Wed, Feb 14|
|Senior Rec Talent Dress Rehearsal||Thu, Feb 15|
|Senior Recognition Weekend||Fri-Sun, Feb 16-18|
|Senior Talent Program||Sat, Feb 17|
|Rec Ski||Sun, Feb 18|
|President’s Day – Regular School Day||Mon, Feb 19|
|ASB Spirit Week||Mon, Feb 20|
|Rec Ski||Sun, Feb 25|
|Student Week of Prayer||Mon-Sab, Feb 26-Mar 3|
|ACT||Tue, Feb 27|
|HOPE||Wed, Feb 28|
Facebook Friends: Follow us on Facebook [www.facebook.com/uppercolumbiaacademy] for all the latest campus news and information.