This Week at UCA 8/31/18
- August 30, 2018
- Posted by: Krista Dalrymple
- Category: This Week @ UCA
Dear UCA Family,
The first week of school has flown by, and we are looking forward to the rest that the weekend brings. There are a lot of things coming up, so make sure to read through all the information to keep up on what is happening.
On Friday evening, August 31, we will have our Agape Feast, beginning in the cafeteria at 6:00 p.m. Day students are encouraged to attend and their meal is provided.
ALL SCHOOL PHOTO AND CAMPUS DEDICATION
Immediately following church on September 1, there will be a picture taken on front campus of our UCA family. Please meet in front of the Ad Building. There will be a church potluck after the photo, followed by a campus dedication prayer at 3:00 p.m. Meet for the dedication in front of the Ad Building.
ASB CLASS NIGHT
Class night begins in the UCA Gym at 8:15 p.m. on Saturday evening, September 1. The gym doors will open at 8:00 p.m. Freshmen wear green, Sophomores wear blue, Juniors wear red, and Seniors wear white. Come prepared to participate and cheer for your class!
DAY STUDENT MEALS
Each year UCA has a variety of special functions which include meals for our day students. Please see the Day Student Meal list attached.
The Backpacking Trip will depart at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, September 7, and return by 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 9. They are going to Independence Creek in North Idaho. There is no cell reception in the area. Please contact Cindy Williams at Cindy.Williams@ucaa.org, or (509) 245-3616, if you have questions.
Freshmen will depart for their camp out at 3:15 p.m. on Friday, September 7, and return by approximately 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, September 9. If you have questions or would like to pick up your student at Yoke’s when they get back, please contact Dean Hess at Joe.Hess@ucaa.org or (509) 245-3641.
LABOR DAY – REGULAR SCHOOL DAY
Labor Day, September 3, is a regular school day.
Fall Picnic will be at Camp MiVoden, Tuesday, September 4. Lunch and supper will be provided for everyone. Buses will load at 8:55 a.m., behind the cafeteria and will return to campus at 8:15 p.m. Day students, please sign up in the front office if you have special dietary needs or if you would like to be picked-up/dropped off at Yoke’s Fresh Market (Latah), Valley Mall Hobby Lobby parking lot, or at Hayden SDA Church. The sign-up sheets and times will be available in the front office.
Our seniors will be going to Senior Survival from Sunday through Friday, September 9 – 14. The seniors will leave at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday and return at approximately 2:30 p.m. on Friday. Some students may be going with trepidation but most look forward to it with anticipation. This will be a special time with each other and with God. Please contact Mr. Kravig, at Dean.Kravig@ucaa.org, for more information.
The standardized testing for Freshmen and Sophomores will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday, September 11-12. Students will be expected to attend all classes before and after the testing times. There is no registration or additional charge for this test.
- We should have a senior tribute form from you indicating whether or not you are planning to have a senior tribute in the school yearbook. Thank you to those who already submitted them at registration. If you need a form to complete, please find one in the Documents section of this blog post or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Senior pictures are due Friday, October 26, and should be emailed to email@example.com. The senior picture will be used for the senior composite as well, so head shots are encouraged. Please remember they must follow school dress code. If you have any questions, please feel free to email. Thank you!
- Senior tributes for the yearbook are due Friday, October 26 to receive the early bird discount. If designing, please note the correct size from the senior tribute form and email your hi res pdf, tiff, or jpeg to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for keeping in mind UCA dress code and standards.
SCHOOL PICTURE DAY
School picture day will be October 9, 2018.
August 31-September 2 Closed Weekend
September 1 ASB Class Night
September 3 Labor Day, Regular School Day
September 4 Fall Picnic
September 7-9 Backpacking Trip, Junior PE Option
September 7-9 Freshman Class Retreat
September 9-14 Senior Survival
September 11, 12 ITED Testing, Freshman and Sophomores
September 14-16 Closed Weekend
September 14 Class Vespers
September 15 ASB Church
September 16 HOPE
September 19 College Fair, Seniors
September 19-23 Home Leave
September 24 Midterm
September 28-30 Alumni Weekend