This Week at UCA – 9/2/16
- September 2, 2016
- Posted by: Krista Mikkelson
- Category: This Week @ UCA
Dear UCA Family,
“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 31:8
Congratulations! You have just survived TWO WEEKS with your kids away at UCA! It can only get better! 🙂 This past weekend was a very special weekend. Friday evening was Agape Vespers, Sabbath everyone was together for a campus dedication service, and following church there was a campus-wide potluck where the new students were able to meet their adopted parents from our Spangle Church area. Know that your students are loved, cared for, and lifted up in prayer by many. You are not alone!
Junior Backpacking is loading at the flagpole tomorrow, at 8:00 a.m., for their trip to Independence Creek and Snow Bird Meadow Camp by the North Fork of the Coeur d’Alene River. They will be returning on Sunday, September 4, at around 4:00 p.m. Please note that juniors do not need to attend their 7:15 class tomorrow morning.
The freshman class is heading out on their retreat tomorrow after school. The class will be going to UGM Camp in Ford, WA. We hope that during this weekend they can grow closer together as a class as well as grow closer to God. There is not cell phone coverage at the camp. In case of emergency you can get in touch with us by calling (509) 258-7198.
We will be arriving back on campus by 10 a.m. on Sunday. If you have a day student and would like to pick them up at the Trading Company store on Sunday at 9:30 a.m., please contact Joe Hess at (509) 475-9520.
Monday, September 5, is a regular school day. We know the students may not be excited about school on a holiday, but they will be glad for the time off when home leave comes!
Tuesday, September 6, is the Fall Picnic at Camp MiVoden, and it’s a regular school day. Please see the day’s schedule on This Week at UCA attached. Lunch and supper are provided for day students. Please let us know by Monday morning of special dietary needs. If your day student needs to be picked up and dropped off along the way, we will have a bus stopping at the Trading Company, the NE corner of Hobby Lobby parking lot at the Valley Mall, and the Hayden SDA Church. Students need to sign up in the business office by Monday, September 5.
DAY STUDENT MEALS
Each year UCA has a variety of special functions which include meals for our day students. Please see the Day Student Meal list attached.
- We should have a senior tribute form from you indicating whether or not you are planning to have a senior tribute in the school yearbook. Thank you to those who already submitted them at registration. If you need a form to complete, please email email@example.com. Thank you!
- Senior pictures are due Monday, September 26, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The senior picture will be used for the senior composite as well, so head shots are encouraged. Please remember they must follow school dress code. If you have any questions, please feel free to email. Thank you!
- Senior tributes are due Monday, October 24. If designing, please note the correct size from the senior tribute form and email your hi res pdf, tiff, or jpeg to email@example.com. Thank you for keeping in mind UCA dress code and standards.
THIS WEEK AT UCA and the Menu are attached.
|Labor Day – Regular School Day||Mon, Sept 5|
|Fall Picnic||Tues, Sept 6|
|Senior Survival||Sun-Fri, Sept 11-16|
|Class Vespers||Fri, Sept 16|
|ASB Church||Sabbath, Sept 17|
|Sunday School||Sun, Sept 18|
|Let’s Move Day||Sun, Sept 18|
|Midterm||Mon, Sept 19|
|Senior College Fair||Wed, Sept 21|
|Home Leave||Wed-Sun, Sept 21-25|
|Senior Pictures Due||Mon, Sept 26|
|HOPE Taskforce Sign-up||Wed, Sept 28|
|Alumni Weekend||Fri-Sun, Sept 30-Oct 2|
|Class Elections||Mon, Oct 3|
|School Picture Day||Tues, Oct 4|
Follow us on Facebook [www.facebook.com/uppercolumbiaacademy] for all the latest campus news and information.
Photo by Ronnie Anderson